The St. Tammany Fire Chiefs Association's purpose is to become the premier fire and emergency service model by reducing millage rates, improving services, and achieving efficiencies. This will be accomplished by bringing fire and emergency services together to efficiently and effectively ensure the safety of our community while protecting our quality of life.
On January 14th, 2014 the Fire Chiefs of St. Tammany Parish and the City of Covington formally met to discuss the state of Fire and Emergency services in the community; from that meeting an outline for a strategic plan was created.
Over the next four months fire officials and subject matter experts met by committee to create a plan to address the pressing issues involving the fire service in St. Tammany Parish. From these meetings and the great body of work that came from them, the inspiration to formally unite as a parish wide association of Fire Chiefs developed.
On July 8th, 2014 The St. Tammany Fire Chief's Association was formed, officers were elected and by-laws officially adopted. The St. Tammany Fire Chief's Association is a group of fire service professionals representing each of the thirteen fire departments in St. Tammany Parish.
The St. Tammany Fire Chiefs Association is a perpetual non-profit corporation of Louisiana.
- To promote the science and methods of fire prevention, fire protection, emergency medical services, rescue and hazardous materials response in St. Tammany Parish.
- To make this information available to the fire service organizations of St. Tammany Parish.
- To participate in any activity as an Association in the interest of preventing the loss of life and property by fire or any other disaster and to further the quality of all emergency services in St. Tammany Parish.
- To establish a closer bond and understanding among the various members of the Association.
- To promote and encourage participation and cooperation of all St. Tammany Parish agencies and government, municipal agencies and government, community organizations, business organizations and all other entities and citizens who seek to improve the quality of life in the parish and who will work to implement and further develop the Association's Strategic Plan.
Our Board Officers
Chris A. Kaufmann, President
Kenneth Moore, Vice President
Randy J. Hess, Secretary
Scott F. Brewer, Treasurer
Fire Services Report